Skip to main content

Applying from Overseas

International staff, from sixty countries, constitute almost one third of our academic staff, while international students, from one hundred countries, form well over half of our graduate school.

If you are not a British national or a national from the EEA (European Econonic Area), you may require permission to work and live in the UK.

There are various ways in which permission can be granted and you should click here for more information.

If you would require a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS), (previously Work Permit) under the UK Border Agency Points-Based System (PBS) Lancaster University may apply for this on your behalf.  However, only certain vacancies are eligible for a CoS and you will be warned when applying if it is unlikely that permission to work would be granted by the UK Border Agency.

Please remember that the final decision as to whether you can live and work in the UK is made by the UK Border Agency.  On appointment, HR staff will provide guidance in this area.

Stonewall Global Diversity Champions Athena Swan - Charter for Women in Science Lancaster University Partner Logos
Lancaster University Partner Logos